Sunday 9 September 2012

Paperific Expo 2012 Melbourne

The end of August saw the opening day of Melbourne's Paperific Expo. This Expo is aimed at crafters, card makers and scrapbookers giving the chance for suppliers to show off their goods and manufacturers to exhibit new and up coming collections.

Unfortunately I was rather disappointing with the show, however did come across MANY flourish merchandisers, finding some great things on offer. Over all prices of the stall holders were pretty much the same as what I can purchase the same items for in Adelaide and there was a shameful lack of tools being offered by the outlets. My biggest shock was Silhouette Australia, I held off buying replacement mats and blades for my Cameo, thinking I would get good prices at the expo, only to find out that their prices were much more costly than what I can import from the USA after postage has been included.

The positives of the show was finding heaps and heaps of chipboard flourishes on sale through a number of different stall holders. Twiddleybitz being one of these stall holders, who designs were magnificent. They have an blog as well, twiddleybitz.ning.com/. Scrapbookingcrafts was another with heaps of steampunky designs with cogs and gears.


My loot from the Expo


People at the show. The young boy in the entertainment unit has snacks and a dvd playing in the push chair. He was quite content.





No comments:

Post a Comment