Friday 25 September 2015

Mini Album for myself.

Hey there crafters 

I have been asked to make a mini album which I am over the moon about. However, I realised I have not made one of these for myself in about a year and thought it was high time I did so. On that motivational point, I decided to go through my somewhat large stash of 12x12 papers that I have collected over the years and made a point of ensuring that this album was not going to be a "collection/themed" album. The reason for this is, well, I knew straight off I did not have enough of a collection or theme of papers to do the entire album.

I won't be listing the papers and who designed them or what company they come from, mostly because all the bottom strips got thrown away after I made the album. 
I am sure if you asked around some one can help you with the relevant information about a particular paper I have used. 

As usual, there is a flip through youtube video at the end of the blog post. 



So instead of using Kathy Ortas "hidden hinged" spine I decided to go with the stack method. This, I find, gives a better strength and stability to the spine and pages. It also has the advantages, for me anyway, of giving me an extra page to add. 


For now I am not to sure when I will actually use this mini album but I at least have this AWESOME album for future photo journaling. 

The one thing I did want to do with this album for myself was add lots of space in the album, so there are a lot of folds and matts and paper clips to add more things to. 



To see the rest of the album have a watch of this. 




Thanks for watching and I hope you come back and see what new stuff I have been creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment