Thursday 30 April 2015

On my Craft tablet


Hello crafters.

I have had a MASSIVE few weeks and I most certainly did burn out mentally, physically and emotionally. The latter is not a good place to be for someone who has depression. 

Over the Easter weekend I was in no so great shape and noticed I had this layout sitting on my craft table which has been there for over a month. With the intention of trying to get myself back in a better mental state I actually got it finished and I LIKED IT! 


Over the year there have been many studies talking about art therapy helping people with depression and other mental health issues. I for one find it deeply beneficial as it was the entire reason for starting scrapbooking. I have been doing art all my life from painting to textiles and fashion and jewelry. Scrapbooking for me indulges my  Stationary Obsession as well as the creative expression. With scrapbooking you are usually working with a photo, I tend to emotionally connect with the image and the moment or a memory around the photo, for me this helps focus the mind. However it is important to choose the right photo as scrapbooking a picture of my dead mother would have been a disaster.  


The weekend after I did this layout I did two other layouts which I still need to take photos of, hopefully this weekend. 

What does scrapbooking or paper crafting do for you, tell your story, I would love to hear.







1 comment: