Friday 22 November 2013

Heidi Swapp: Make pretty stuff down under


On the 11 November 2013, Adelaide was graced with the presence of the inspirational scrapbooker Heidi Swapp and her Aussie Media Team member Kim Jeffress. Prior to her arrival we were given a photo_a_day challenge, which at first was a little daunting to begin with but I managed to get in to it in the end. The challenge was posted and followed on Instagram the photos of which I actually used in one of the projects from the workshops event.

I had, unfortunately, hurt my self 4 days before Heidi's workshops and the night before was rather concerned whether I should be going at all. After some encouragement from my house mate and some of the other attendees via Facebook I made the decision to go for as long as I could manage.  

The first project was a techniques class in using masks and sprays and resists. Tell you some really HANDY tips came out of that project!!! 






Then came Kim's Christmas Mini album with lots of bits and pieces. I did as much on this as i could, but by the end of this project I was really struggling with pain and tiredness. 








After a tea break the third and final project was to start, I grabbed my kit and instructions and headed home, where I set to working on the memory album after my exam.


The Photo_a_day challenge photos I ended up using in the memory along with photos I took on the day of the workshops. 











All up I had a great time, it was a nice distraction from the pain I was in as well as the stress of my impending exam. 

Heidi and Kim are both wonderful ladies, I am a very glad to have met them both. 


4 comments:

  1. These projects are absolutely fabulous Kerry-Jean. I know how much pain you were in that day and you did really well to get as far as you did. Love each and every one of these pieces, they are stunning!!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry this makes me sooooo happy to see Nd read this, huge congrats the projects look incredible

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow ow Kerry-Jean, these are awesome and you did an amazing job of them. I would love to see them in real life ... loving the colors and pockets . hugz x
    hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete